How Short is Too Short?


While no doubt you are reaching for tights this time of year, judging by the spring runway shows, in just a few short months we are going to be seeing a lot of leg. Since most of spring’s miniskirts are fashioned out of fancy silk and satin, they are far from being trashy, but even so…some of the new hemlines seem borderline scandalous to me. So how do you figure out how high is too high?
As a ‘90s teen, Clueless inform most of our wardrobe decisions in high school. Cher Horowitz was our patron saint of shopping, and lest we lag behind some of her cardinal rules (Thou shall always wear knee-socks, a twinset and some candy-like accessory), her Beverly Hills-inspired standards.
Anyhow, thanks to Cher, miniskirts took a starring role in my wardrobe at age 15—a time when the trashy/cute line is particularly fuzzy.
We came up with a rule: If, when standing straight up, with my arms down at my side, the hemline hit higher up on my legs than where my finger tips fell, it was a NO. If the end of the skirt grazed my fingertips or hit below them, it was a GO.
So, if you have the chane, go for a miniskirt!
subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to How Short is Too Short? :

Post a Comment