McQueen Resort 2010



Images via wwd.com

Alexander McQueen and his genius strikes again! I can't believe I managed to miss the resort collection for a week before I stumbled upon it at the fashion spot forums. McQueen has been heavily inspired by artists, a motif that hearkens back to his menswear collection. But the inspiration was taken even further with Escher-esque prints gracing leggings and dresses, and LeWitt-style mind-bending line arrangements. I wish those sheer leggings would be mine right now.

The funny thing is, the above-mentioned artists were the two I turned to just a couple of months ago for inspiration. I even made a collage featuring Alaia's ss 09 collection with an Escher piece as a backdrop. Maybe McQueen can read minds. Maybe he's like Sookie Stackhouse from True Blood but with a far greater field of reach. Maybe True Blood should have aired another episode last weekend instead of taking the week off. Because I'm a little obsessed. Obviously.

Anyways, the my diy dress project has started. I went to Dressew this morning to pick up the fabric and my grandmother is helping me replace the sheer panels. Hopefully it will be finished today!
subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to McQueen Resort 2010 :

Post a Comment