The Splendour of Blackamoors

I attended the most wonderful dinner thrown by one my closest friends at her lovely home last night. We feasted on the most delectable fare which included mushroom soup with truffle oil and a salmon hors d'oeurve among other delicious things. It was my idea of a charming evening filled with good food and good company.

I was completely tempted to stay past my very early curfew of 10:40 specially since I wanted to see a friend who had just recently returned to Manila and hear of her adventures. But alas, my mother would hear none of my pleas!


I wore an extremely simple outfit accented by my most recent investment : a blackamoor broach! I had intentions of purchasing this before I left for the UK the last time I was in Manila but I had a cuff made instead.

I had forgotten about him until last week when I went to my jeweller's salon and saw that it was still on display. I knew we were meant for each other at first glance. I couldn't resist giving him a good home.

Meet Nanki-poo, one of Pooh-bah's great uncles.
I was told this little guy was one of the first batches of blackamoors made by Jul Dizon.

Pooh-bah, who is still as beautiful as the day I first met him.

And here's my mom's very own blackamoor who I absolutely adore with every inch of me. The face is a carved tourmaline with a turban lined with diamonds and accented with a gold leaf. His breastplate is lined with diamonds, rubies, tsavorites and emeralds!

He is absolutely stunning.
I am at a lost for words whenever I hold him.


top:tyler, jeans: zimmerman, shoes: ferragamo, blackamoor brooch and pearl bracelet: jul dizon, clutch from edinburgh
subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to The Splendour of Blackamoors :

Post a Comment