The Scuba Dress

Finally, my DIY project is finished! Except this wasn't really DIY, since my grandmother helped me with it. I forgot to take the "before" pictures. Sorry guys! The original thrifted dress had sheer black panels where I placed the blue. It was lovely, but far too showy for my personal tastes, and I really did want to wear it out. I originally planned on replacing the sheer with a stretchy nude fabric, but couldn't find any that didn't wash out my skin. Then I came across this four-way stretch electric blue fabric, and fell in love. I instantly thought of the colors and fit of scuba diving costumes. And thus the scuba dress was born. Sewing stretch fabrics is a nightmare though, I tell ya. My grandmother says she just aged 10 years sewing and fitting and re-sewing and re-fitting, and so on. The blue fabric was stretch but much more stiff than the original thin mesh.

subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to The Scuba Dress :

Post a Comment