FASHION STARTS HERE

The other day I was thinking about where fashion and trends are born. I realised that there are two ways. The first one is when the models, and the designers created new trends on the catwalk and then they came to us; and the other way is when fashion starts onthe streets and then it could raise to high levels and it has influence on the designer, stilist, and models.
This second ways starts in people like Karla. You maybe know here because she is one of the mosts famous "net-celebrities". Her blog is Karla's closet, and she accepted to answer to this interview. I hope you like it and really thanks to Karla. :D
Ayer llegué a la conclusión de que la moda y las tendencias pueden nacer en dos sitios diferentes. Están aquellas que nacen con las modelos, y los diseñadores en las pasarelas, y poca a poco van bajando hasta nosotras; y están aquellas otras que nacen en la calle y puede que influyan en diseñadores, estilistas...
Este segundo tipo empieza en gente como Karla. Muchas ya la conocereis, su blog es Karla's closet, y ha aceptado a responder a mis preguntas. Espero que os guste al entrevista, y muchas gracias a Karla por contestar.
Lo siento pero la entrevista no la puedo traducir por que no tengo tiempo.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
.
Describe you (I mean name, age and where do you live) and your style.
My name is Karla Deras, I’m 19, and I live in Simi Valley.
As of late, I’d say my style has sort of evolved into something a little more mature. I really love playing around with textures more than anything else and I love masculine pieces- I’m always stealing (not borrowing) my boyfriend’s blazers and tarnished tees.

In what do you get inspired when you create your outfits? Any style muses?
I’m inspired by everything. I always say this but, I have this huge inspiration board on my wall which is basically a collection of editorial shots I’ve torn out of magazines, photos from some of my favorite artists, pictures I’ve taken from style blogs, and a variation of other random stuff. I’d say my style muse is Audrey Hepburn- her elegance is definitely something to be admired. I also really love Taylor Tomasi for her ability to layer in such an impeccable manner and Vanessa Coyle for mixing designer and vintage so effortlessly.

Which are your favourites shops and brands?
I’m a lover of thrift shops of all kinds. There are some here in LA/Burbank that I’m pretty faithful to like Hubba Hubba and Wasteland. I also love H&M and Zara.
.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
.
A "must have" for this season?
A voluminous coat!


You never leave home without...
Rosebud Salve lip balm and mascara.


In your closet, what do you have more of?
I have too many black clothes!


Why did you decide to start a blog?
After reading so many other fabulous blogs, I felt I might as well join the crowd.


Who takes your photographs?
Usually my dad or boyfriend.

Which is your favourite fashion magazine?
I love British Elle!
.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to FASHION STARTS HERE :

Post a Comment