Power Cape

Last night I walked down Granville street (club central of Vancouver for the uninitiated) to grab a quick bite to eat at Donair Town with the boy. I finally pulled my large black cape-coat out of the closet for a good airing. I love the way it billows around me as I walk. I felt like I could sympathize with movie villains and their power trips. You feel ready to take on armies in a billowy cape. But that's one side of the story. The other is me feeling horribly awkward posing on a busy street for a quick blog snap. Sometimes I wish there could be two of me so I can be on both sides of the camera.

Both the cape and the knitted dress I'm wearing underneath are second hand. The dress is a bit of a mystery. The label just says "SAMPLE- not for resale" in big bold letters and has a little blank white label below. It reminds me of Rodarte's beautiful but deconstructed knits. Sometimes I have the urge to pull and stretch the dress just to make it look a little more similar. But that might turn out to be a very bad idea, so I'll leave it alone for the time being.


Rodarte FW 2008 from style.com

subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to Power Cape :

Post a Comment