Polanka, the Future, and First Contact

I come accross blog material in funny roundabout ways. For example, while catching up on my google reader this morning, I came accross a post on A Shaded View recapping a photoshoot for the Austrian Fashion Awards. Two of the outfits caught my eye and I decided to google further to see past entrants and winners. So this is how I happened upon Jakub Polanka, winner of the Kontakt Award from the 2007 AFA Festival in Austria and one of the 10 finalists for the Mango Fashion Awards.

The first thought that popped into my head was "Queen Michelle would be all over this!" Indeed, you have the drape, the harem-style pants, a few pairs of fantastic leggings, bits of sheer here and there... All in all, a perfect collection for our 21st century Queen.

Sometimes I wonder if collections such as this one are an example of a designer's present view of what the future could look like, or if the future has indeed already arrived. On the streets, much still looks the same, but judging from the multitude of collections sporting similar complicated constructions with minimal colour palettes, I can't help but be optimistic that we are on the cusp of a newer, more stylish fashion era.

Now if only we can end war and band together to eradicate famine, disease and achieve warp speed... Yes I have been watching Star Trek! I have also had a rather sleepless night spent with ideas of first contact zigzagging through my mind. Needless to say, I feel a little loopy today.










Images via jakubpolanka.com
subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to Polanka, the Future, and First Contact :

Post a Comment