Reality Check



Ok, we all know there is nothing realistic about reality TV. But this sort of takes the cake for me. I just couldn't believe the outcome of episode 6 of The Fashion Show. Couldn't believe it! Can you guess which of the above outfits was the winner? The overwrought pink monstrosity or the sleek reinterpretation of athletic wear? Well, obviously I'm ranting because the former won best design of the week. Apparently 83% of the audience (supposedly filled with industry types) said they would buy that outfit, as opposed to the 90% that claimed they wouldn't buy Johnny's, which put his creation in the bottom two. Doesn't anyone else think that Johnny's outfit is a perfectly on-trend right now? I mean, fringed biker leggings? Yes! I think Susie Bubble and Queen Michelle would certainly agree. I can definitely see this outfit selling out at a place like Topshop. And then I remember briefly seeing designer Yigal Azrouël (love!) make a discreet appearance in one episode, I think it was the previous one. At the time I thought maybe the show had a bit of potential, since it managed to attract a guest appearance buy a designer that's very current. But now... Well at least I'll still be watching it to see what Johnny and James-Paul come up with next!
subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to Reality Check :

Post a Comment