What I'm Wearing 18.04.09

That's two finals down now! I found finance to be easier than french. Go figure. I never thought I could be a number person. Anyways, since my exam was in the late afternoon, I had all morning to experiment with different outfits and give my brain a break. Unfortunately (or fortunately maybe) I ended up zeroing in on this rather Paris Voguette-ian outfit. Althought I didn't intend to look like an Emanuelle Alt clone, I must admit I like the casual cool pairing of fur with a white tee and jeans.


Thrifted Ron et Normand blazer, thrifted fur collar, H&M tee, Levi's jeans, Aldo shoes.

On the plus side, I got some wear out of items that haven't seen the light of day in ages. Take these jeans for example. I've had them since the 10th grade and I stopped wearing them completely 3 years ago. They've just sort of sat in my closet collecting dust since. But something about them made me want to save them. Maybe it's that perfect fade that they've garnered over time, and the fact that they even have a light blotch over the pocket where I always kept my keys. It almost feels like I'm wearing a hug. Nice feeling that.

I haven't worn the above fur collar very much either. It was purchased second hand at Value Village and although I love it very much, I've always been a little hesitant to wear it (especially on campus) for fear of receiving death glares from my fellow students. I'm of the opinion that it's better to give it a second life than let it go to waste. But others may believe that even wearing a second hand piece promotes the abuse of animals, and I can respect that too.

So anyways, I guess this is one of those "tomboyish" outfits that a few commenters on the forum mentioned below were talking about (thank you guys for translating that for me!). I really tend to seesaw back and forth between minimal and over the top. I haven't quite decided what my favourite style is yet, but I still have a few years to figure it out, if I would ever want to that is. For the moment I like being able to do daring when I feel daring and casual-chic when I'm just looking for an easy fix.
subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to What I'm Wearing 18.04.09 :

Post a Comment