Band of Feathers

Please, Please, Please....(Add us on BlogLovin'!)
IMG_4755IMG_4749
Topshop tank, thrifted denim vest, Aranaz skirt, Topshop shoes, Aranaz clutch

IMG_4754
IMG_4751
IMG_4735
Amina in a sequined tank dress, white button down, Aranaz bag, Topshop shoes

A few days ago, I attended the Mega magazine's Young Designer's Competition Awards Night with my sister, Amina. I wore that feather skirt I had made a couple of weeks ago. Funny how I left a trail of black feathers all over...Oooops!!! Anyway I really love seeing what our local talent has to offer and I definitely wasn't disappointed that night. But being the 'bad' blogger that I am, I was too lazy to lug around my huge ass SLR camera! So instead here are some photos of which I found via the Mega Magazine blog --- The Radar:


The winner: Vanessa Ang's "Transparency"

Though this wouldn't have been my first pick because I'd appreciate something more cutting edge, I definitely liked her pieces (first and last dress be mine!) and find them all VERY wearable. One of her nude dresses/top (?) reminded me of that ubiquitous sheer Alexander Wang dress. A skirt of hers was reminiscent of Herve Leger. I adored that dress to the very left...there was something about it that looks vaguely familiar from a season or two ago (Rodarte? Chloe? Phillip Lim?) but I can't seem to place it! Help anyone??? As a whole, I really liked her collection (the color palette was just lovely) and think she's quite talented. I'm definitely looking forward to what she has next!

My others picks for the night:

Juan Karlo Vicente’s “Fasians"

I became such a fan of his use of layers and his heather grey sweat (?) shorts and pants!!!



Jc Sasoy's "Daku"


photo credit: Mega Magazine | The Radar
subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to Band of Feathers :

Post a Comment