The Start of Something New


I think it's safe to assume that all you lovely readers know how much I adore black, white, and neutrals. In that order. Lately, however, I find myself incorporating more color into my wardrobe. It all started with the magnificently draped pink skirt I wore a couple of posts ago. Funny thing is when I first saw it, I asked the sales associate if they had it in black. Thank heavens they didn't because I would have purchased the black instead of the pink in a heartbeat and I wouldn't have my magnificent pinkalicious skirt hanging in my closet right now.

Color is tricky. I usually venture into the the rainbow side of my closet (trust me it's a miniscule portion of my wardrobe) when I have time. So that means Sundays and some Saturdays. Sometimes I wish I had the eye of a great colorist like Alber Elbaz who instictively puts colors together and make them work all the time. But tough luck, I don't. I'm one of those ungifted ones who has to carefully consider the visual effect of different colors put together. It's no wonder I almost always drown whatever colorful item I have in black.

It's been really fun working with non-black apparel. I just got myself a drapey striped missioni-esque oversized cardigan from Zara. I will admit that it was the shape I fell in love with. I'm pretty sure I cringed at the sight of blue, beige and orange threads all jumbled up in one article of clothing when I first saw it. I bought it anyway...and I'm really looking forward to some interesting outfits that have it as a main feature!

Top: Oscar dela Renta, Blazer: Zara, Pants: Zara, Bag: Loewe, Shoes: Clarks, Accessories: Warehouse

ps. A big shout out to John for taking these pictures! Im determined to get my own professional camera now more than ever.

pps. It was really REALLY windy in the meadows so this was the only pose I could do to stop the wind from blowing my top off.

pps. Oh and I just have to share. I bought a floral top!

Seriously, something is going on inside my head that I do not understand.
subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to The Start of Something New :

Post a Comment