Repeat Performance


I know many people have an aversion to repeating clothes. Not me. On the contrary, I thoughtfully consider how much wear I'll get out of a piece of clothing before making the purchase. It's no wonder it takes me ages to buy something. (I take shopping very seriously. Hence, I shop alone. I hate feeling the pressure while someone is waiting.)

Anyway, I wore this skirt the beginning of the year in Singapore. Obvies, the weather here in Showering Scotland is nothing like Sunshine Singapore so I had to loose the lace top. Instead, I wore it with a thermal, black military jacket, gloves, tights, ankle booties and a scarf I bought for like 3 pounds from that Indian-y ethnic-y store in Nicholson Street that has been having a closing down sale for the past 4 years.

So, what's the point of this post?
I just really want to express my LOVE for this skirt. I am so seriously enamored with it that I wouldn't mind wearing it over and over again.

jacket: zara, top: uniqlo, boots: clarks, skirt: southaven (from singapore), bag: gucci, gloves: warehouse
photo credit: pretty debbie, thank you sexy!
--------------------

Also, I just want to respond to anonymous who commented on 'Purple Sky':

hanna! dont be offended, but i remember you being chubby in hs! and now your so thin! how'd you lose the weight? :)

-Not offended at all! In fact, I talk about the fatness that was me quite often. (I think most of my friends are seriously sick of all the fat talk that comes out of my mouth). But yes, I struggled with my weight in my first and second years of high school. I was diagnosed with Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome and the condition made me predisposed to weight gain. So, being the control-freak that I am, I took matters into my own hands and actively fought the fat! I started eating oatmeal with ulam for every meal, only drank lemon water, didn't eat after 5pm and refused to consume any animal that walked on 4 legs (kakapikon when people used to ask me questions like : paano pag napilay yung baboy?). But yeah, I started losing weight so I wasn't so big by the time I hit third year.

Now I'm not as strict with myself. I eat other food groups and I'm no longer a semi-vegetarian (I've moved on from poultry and eat 4-legged beasts!). I try to go to the gym everyday and eat as sensibly as possible.

Omg, my fat talk has exceeded my fashion talk! I do get really fired up with the subject..maybe I should consider starting a fat blog. In the meantime, visit thissiswhyyourefat . If this doesn't make you want to give up on eating for the rest of your life, I don't know what will...


subscribe

Subscribe

Monitor continues to update the latest from This blog directly in your email!

oketrik

0 comments to Repeat Performance :

Post a Comment